- We at SPDA take responsibilities under the Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) seriously. We recognize the importance of safeguarding the personal data you have provided us and it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
- This Data Protection Policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use, disclose and/or process the personal data you have provided to us, as well as to assist you in making an informed decision before providing us with any of your personal data.
- If you, at any time, have any queries on this policy or any other queries in relation to how we may manage, protect and/or process your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us at 6547 4496 or email us at email@example.com
- We will collect your personal data (defined under PDPA) in accordance with the PDPA either directly from you or your authorized representatives. We will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data for the intended purposes, unless an exception under the law permits us to collect and process your personal data without your consent.
- The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your personal data, which include but are not limited to:-
a. Communicating with you on your enquiries, and/or sending you marketing, and promotional information and materials relating to our products; events; and/or services;
b. Administrative matters on your purchases of our products and services, managing your membership and/or processing your sign-ups/registrations/booking/reservation;
c. Conducting market research and customer satisfaction surveys; and
d. Any other purposes that we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
- In order to conduct our business operations more smoothly and to fulfill the above-said Purposes, we may also be disclosing the personal data you have provided to us to other Government agencies such as IRAS, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way.
We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorized to carry out specific Government services.
- You may request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in our possession or control by submitting a written request to us. We will need enough information from you in order to ascertain your identity as well as the nature of your request, so as to be able to deal with your request. Hence, please submit your written request to dpo@SPDA.org.sg
- For a request to access or correct your personal data, once we have sufficient information from you to deal with the request, we will seek to provide you with the relevant personal data or make correction of the personal data within 30 days. Where we are unable to respond to you within the said 30 days, we will notify you of the soonest possible time within which we can provide you with the information requested or make correction of your personal data. Note that the PDPA exempts certain types of personal data from being subject to your access request and correction request.
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control by submitting your request to dpo@SPDA.org.sg
- We will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data in the manner stated in your request.
- However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us.
- We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is accurate and complete, if your personal data is likely to be used by us to make a decision that affects you, or disclosed to another organisation. However, this means that you must also update us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided with us. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete personal data arising from you not updating us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided with us.
- We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
- We will also put in place measures such that your personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
- If you have any complaint or grievance regarding about how we are handling your personal data or about how we are complying with the PDPA, we welcome you to contact us with your complaint or grievance. You can contact us at 6547 4496 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time.
- We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Data Protection Policy at our absolute discretion. Any amended Data Protection Policy will be posted on our website and can be viewed at www.spda.org.sg
- You are encouraged to visit the above website from time to time to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.